Denver, CO - Qwest Communications International Inc. recently launched a new generation of fiber-optic Internet services that provide unprecedented speed, value and capabilities to residential and small-business customers. Qwest Connect Quantum and Qwest Connect Titanium – with connection speeds of up to 20 Mbps and 12 Mbps, respectively – are the latest Internet services powered by Qwest's ongoing fiber to the neighborhood (FTTN) network expansion. In a phased roll-out of Quantum and Titanium, Qwest is introducing the blazing-fast connection speeds in 23 of its top markets, as well as the best overall value for super high-speed Internet in its residential service territory.
Qwest Connect Quantum and Titanium services are well-suited for customers looking for higher speeds to download multimedia files like music, videos and photos, online gaming and file-sharing, as well as business customers looking to maximize productivity with light-speed downloading of large files and documents.
The new super-fast connection speeds of Qwest Connect Quantum and Titanium offer the advanced, customizable capabilities and security features of Windows Live. In addition, Qwest ranked highest in customer satisfaction in the West region in the J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Internet Service Provider (ISP) Residential Customer Satisfaction Study.
Quantum's 20 Mbps connection speed allows faster access to content than ever before, enabling customers to surf the Web as quickly and easily as they change TV channels. For example, with Quantum customers can download:
- a 2-hour movie in as little as 6 minutes
- 30 songs in as little as 1 minute
"Our customers tell us that they want more speed, capability and value in their connections. Qwest listened and has developed the Quantum and Titanium services that really change the game when it comes to today's online experience," said Dan Yost, executive vice president of product for Qwest. "Qwest has committed to spend up to $300 million to bring the latest in fiber-optic technology closer to the customer than ever before, and we're ahead of schedule on our goal to make this service available to two million customers by the end of this year."
Qwest Connect Quantum & Qwest Connect Titanium: Service Features, Pricing, Availability
- Qwest Connect Quantum: This is a premium fiber-optic Internet service with connection speeds of up to 20 Mbps, for lightning-quick broadband access for a bundled price of $99.99 per month. This is the fastest connection speed available in most cities in the Qwest residential service region. Quantum is designed for serious broadband users who want to optimize speed for streaming video, high-resolution photography, file-sharing, online gaming and other bandwidth-intensive applications. Quantum is backed by Qwest's Price for Life and 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantees.
- Qwest Connect Titanium: With connection speeds of up to 12 Mbps for a bundled price of only $46.99 per month, along with the Price for Life and 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantees, Titanium is the best value available in the Qwest residential service region. The service offers super-high speeds ideal for customers interested in online music, video and keeping in touch with friends and family. At less than $50 per month, Titanium offers robust speed at the best value.
- Availability: Qwest Connect Quantum and Titanium will be available in 23 of Qwest's top markets across 10 states in 2008 as Qwest continues to execute its phased rollout of fiber-optic technology to the neighborhood. Customers can go to www.qwest.com and enter their zip code or phone number to check availability and sign up for notifications regarding the availability of the faster speeds in their neighborhoods.
Qwest Connect Quantum and Titanium complement Qwest's full portfolio of existing Internet services, giving Qwest the fastest and most valuable set of Internet options available in most cities where it provides residential service. As Qwest continues its phased FTTN rollout, the portfolio will expand to accommodate the rapidly changing bandwidth needs of customers. Qwest will use its fiber-optic network as a platform for its vision to deliver integrated communications and entertainment services to customers at home, at work and on the go.
SOURCE: Qwest Communications International Inc.