Source: Terahertz Technologies Inc.
The TIA-527 balanced optical to electrical converter operates by subtracting the photo currents from two well-matched Indium Gallium Arsenide detectors. The result is then amplified and presented to the output port. Each of the optical signals causes the output to move with a different sense. Common mode signals (e.g. laser RIN noise) are effectively cancelled out.
With selectable gain settings and a bandwidth of DC to 125 MHz, the Balanced O/E Converter: TIA-527 is useful for coherent heterodyne detection applications, differential polarization or phase shifted keying modulation systems, spectroscopy, and similar applications for which the ability to discern small variations in signal strength in two optical paths is critical.
- Coherent Heterodyne Detection
- Polarization-Shift-Keying Modulation
- Binary Differential Phase-Shift Keying (2-DPSK)
- Matched InGaAs detectors
- DC to 125 MHz Analog Bandwidth
- Selectable Gain Settings
- Operates from Battery or Line Power
- Capability to drive 50 Ohm output loads
- Low Noise - 3.6 pW/root-Hz
Click Here To Download:
Datasheet: Optical To Electrical Converters TIA-527
In Depth TIA Series Comparison Chart