GL Announces Enhanced Handheld Analog Line Tester
GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its enhanced Portable Handheld FXO Tester referred to asvHandi™.
Gaithersburg, MD (PRWEB) - GL Communications Inc. announced today the release of its enhanced Portable Handheld FXO Tester referred to as vHandi™.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Robert Bichefsky, a Senior Manager for Product Development of the company said, “GL’s vHandi™ is a compact portable hand-held FXO tester (Foreign Exchange Office) that can simulate an analog phone. The call and voice tests on vHandi™ can be completely automated or manually performed. It can work with GL’s VQuad™, Voice Quality Test, and WebViewer™ applications to perform centralized voice quality measurements and analysis.”
He added, “The vHandi™ comprises of - FXO RJ-11 port, Ethernet RJ-45 port, and USB mini port. The FXO port on the vHandi™ connects to an FXS port performing call and traffic simulation. It supports any FXS port including PSTN, ATA or Gateway.”
Mr. Bichefsky further added, “The vHandi™ is powered as well as managed via the USB connection. With an internal SD card, vHandi™ can be used as a mass storage device when plugged into the USB port of the PC. The Ethernet port is used for Management and for connecting vHandi™ to the Central System for voice analysis as well adding events to the Central Database.”
- Supports manual and automated operations
- ON hook and OFF hook (loop closure) for place call and answer call
- Loop Current Drop detection (auto disconnect)
- Ring Detection for incoming calls
- Transmit and capture traffic (digits, tones, and voice)
- Energy Detection for path confirmation or auto script synchronization
- Manual/Auto transfer recorded files using Ethernet port
- Speaker provided to hear incoming/outgoing audio from 2-wire established call
- LED indication for the battery charge level for vHandi™
- Generates Call Events, Error Event and Traffic Events – automatically sent to the Central System
- Automate IVR testing and Quality of Service testing
- Send/Record Voice files to be used in Voice Quality Measurements per ITU-T standards (PESQ, POLQA) using GL Voice Quality Test (VQT) software
- vHandi™ works directly with GL’s VQuad™, solution for sending/recording voice files over the network.
- Full IVR test and analysis
- vHandi™ can be placed anywhere in the network waiting for an incoming call. When an incoming call is detected, vHandi™ will auto answer the call and perform a pre-defined IVR and/or Voice analysis tests prior to disconnecting the call and again waiting for the next incoming call.
About GL Communications Inc.
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM, Wireless, IP and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL's test platforms provide visualization, capture, storage, and convenient features like portability, remotability, and scripting.
GL Communications has over the years worked with major telecom equipment vendors (EVs) and system integrators to meet the testing requirements arising at various stages of telecommunications product development life cycle. With its proven expertise of over 25 years, GL has a comprehensive suite of telecom testing solutions to verify and ensure 'quality and reliability' of variety of telecom networks including Wireless, and high-speed fiber optic lines.
GL's test tools range from simple PC-based software test tool to all-encompassing hardware units with futuristic expansion capabilities. GL's test solutions cover wide array of networks – 4G (LTE), 3G, IP, Ethernet, T1, T3, E1, E3, OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, and traditional PSTN networks.
GL's tools are widely used by the telecommunication industry for conformance testing, automated stress/load testing, performance testing, remote accessibility, centralized web-based control and analysis, fault testing and analysis, and customized testing.
View original release here: http://www.prweb.com/releases/glcomunicationsinc/Enhanced-VHandi-Fxo-Teste/prweb11856239.htm