Benchtop Laser Controller: EM595Source: Gooch & Housego PLC
The EM595 is a benchtop device used to control Gooch & Housego’s line of 14-pin DFB lasers or single-mode lasers. It combines a laser driver and a TEC controller into a 111 mm x 73.5 mm x 169.2 mm (with elements) package and weighs just 1.0 kg.
This benchtop laser controller features a touch panel interface as well as a USB interface. It offers 0.01oC temperature precision, constant current operation, and constant power operation. The integrated driver provides 1.5A drive current, and the integrated controller provides 3.0A of TEC current. It’s best suited for production work stations and as its name implies, laboratory benchtops.
Specifications for the laser diode control include:
- Control range: 0 to 1.5 A
- Compliance Voltage: >4V
- Resolution: 100µA (front panel), 40µm (remote control)
- Accuracy: +(0.1% + 500µA)
- 24 hour drift: <50 µA @0-10 Hz in constant ambient temperature
- Temperature coefficient: <50 ppm/oC
Specifications for the temperature controller include:
- Control range: -3.0 to +3.0 A
- Compliance voltage: >4.7 V
- Maximum output power: >14.1 W
- Resolution: 1mA (front panel), 100µm (remote control)
- Accuracy: +(0.2% + 20 mA)
For more information on the EM595 benchtop laser controller’s specifications or to take a look at sample front panel interface pictures, download the datasheet. If you’d prefer to discuss the controller with Gooch & Housego directly, click here.